Stakeholder and Regulatory Engagement
Increasingly, stakeholder engagement is fast becoming the route for companies to talk about issues. We live in a regulatory environment which means that executives increasingly have to address government select committees, council meetings, regulatory bodies and opinion leaders. This module borrows many of the skills from advanced media training but can be tougher for the participants to reflect potentially hostile encounters.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for anyone who has to appear in front of government or other regulatory committees on behalf of their organisation.
- Understanding today’s regulatory environment
- Understanding key stakeholder objectives
- How they see you and your role
- How to create a ‘win-win’ scenario
- Controlling the conversation
- Anticipating negative questions
- Building self-confidence
- Making an external pitch
- Understanding how to frame key messages
- Developing push-button responses
- Understanding your audience
- Using and understanding body-language
- Persuasive communication skills
- Role-play scenarios
Delegates will have the opportunity to partake in various role-play scenarios to practice their messaging and communication skills. These will be videotaped and reviewed by the trainers.