Media Awareness Workshop
This one-day intensive workshop can introduce a newcomer to the disciplined role of a spokesperson in today’s corporate world. The morning session addresses the theory required to function in this most demanding of roles, while the afternoon session concentrates on putting the theory into practice in the form of several one-on-one media interviews.
Who is it for?
This seminar is designed for anyone who would like to learn more about the workings of the media and the basic do’s and don’ts when talking to journalists.
• Understand why communication matters
• Prepare you for a media encounter
• How to ensure the right message gets through in any situation
* Controlling the media encounter
* Practical Interview techniques
• Understanding your audience
* What makes news??
• Why talk to the media – and who are they??
• The key to communication?
• Different media, different interview skills?
* What are their priorities? ?
* Engaging with regional media
• To participate or not?
• Questions to ask
• PREP your answers
• Are you speaking the language of your audience??
• Crisis Communications?
• The News Conference?
* The importance of body language?
• Practical TV & radio interviews